Friday, November 09, 2007

In the late 70's I shared a house with several art students from the museum school. Two of them were wonderful calligraphers and I photographed this and several other pieces for their portfolio. One of my sons is taking Russian for his language requirement at Franklin High School and was able to read this to me. I tried taking up calligraphy myself but at the time I lacked the discipline necessary (it did improve my handwriting though). I think it is the ideal craft; functional, beautiful, and the elements required a pen, ink and paper are accessible to anyone. The most difficult element is ones personal dedication to craft which can take a lifetime to acquire. It's not an art form for those who want instant results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics