Saturday, December 05, 2009




I found this little jewel the other day at my favorite downtown book store for a couple bucks.  Quite a bit of text but not very many good photographs.  It was more of pamplet published a few months after the storm that happened on October 12, 1962.  I was 9 at the time and have very vivid memories but unfortunately no one bothered to take out the camera and snap some pictures.  Our home then was surrounded by trees and we fled there to stay at my Grandparents place climbing over downed trees to get to the car.  My father parked the car facing west, and the wind was coming from the South and he had trouble opening the door on the drivers side.  I can still see him swearing at the car door, his over coat blowing up over his head while I sat in the still silence of our old Ford Fairlane thinking the world was coming to an end.


Web Statistics