Sunday, April 28, 2013

Poncirus trifoliata
 



Microsorium
 
Some pictures I took today of some new plants I bought to grow out on the front porch and a couple of new views of the Aquarium foliage.  I am especially excited about the Poncirus trifoliata a close relative of the Orange that grows in China and Korea and can winter over here in Portland.  Looks very interesting.  I have a small 10 gallon Aquarium in the basement that I am setting up as a quarentine tank when I start introducing fish to the new environment in a few weeks.    I had a bunch of this Microsorium or Java Fern that I wasn't all that excited about.  It is a terrestrial fern that can grow either on land or in water.  It's an epiphyte you don't plant it in the substrate but attach it to stone or driftwood and allow the roots to take hold.  As soon as I took it out of the Quarentine tank which has no CO2 fertilization and put it in the the tank that does it became covered with bubbles. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics