Friday, November 17, 2006

The Omega D-2. This is my set up for printing. A wonderful old Omega D-2 with the condenser head as well as the Omegalite 'cold light' head. Every weekend or any other day I'm not at work I rise early and descend in to my basement darkroom where I spend the morning and sometimes the entire day working on one selected negative trying to make a perfect print. The digital scans of the images really do not do justice to a well made print. Something you can hold in your hand or hang on a wall. Something you had to spend much time in the acquisition of skill even to bring it in to being. A print if properly made and taken care of will be around long after the person who brought it in to being is gone. A moment of time preserved. A fossil. Evidence of a vision.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics