Sunday, August 19, 2007



Joan of Arc on 39th. Ave. I drive by this frequently but have never stopped to photograph. It is one of my favorite works of public art in Portland along with the Skidmore Fountain (I am drawn to the classical). I took these yesterday with my Koni-Omega camera using a 60mm wide angle lens. It was sunny out but the sky on the black and white film comes out looking like a storm is brewing. I'll have to come back and use my perspective control lens because the statue is on a tall pedastal and the ground slopes downwards. Of course I could bring a step ladder. The top image is cropped and I wish now I'd lowered the camera a bit and moved to the right and I could have used the bushes to obscure that power pole and lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics