Sunday, January 27, 2008



I worked in the darkroom again yesterday working with old negatives left over from the 70's that I never bothered to print back then. Later I spent sometime studying photographs by Joseph Sudek 1896-1976. When I don't feel like making pictures I like to look at pictures. I was introduced to Sudek a couple of years ago by a photographer friend who mentioned that one of my pictures reminded him of a photograph by Sudek and wondered if I knew of his work. I didn't but I did connect with his pictures. Sudek was a countryman of my Grandparents all born in Bohemia in the late 19th century. He was only a year younger then my Grandmother. Perhaps we're related sharing some common relative making us 6,7,or 8th cousins 3 or 4 times removed. I'd like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics