Saturday, August 30, 2008






Cutting Mats. I practiced most of yesterday with my new Mat cutter. I found a model on e-bay from a local seller that works fine it's just a tad too large for what I need it for. I really only need the mat cutter to cut windows in already cut to size mats. Art Media will cut the large mat board to size for you which is very convenient and saves you a lot of trouble. The larger mat cutters like this one don't really have much more in the way of features just the ability to accomodate very large sheets of mat board. I don't really need a large squaring arm. What I learned yesterday was the old carpenters adage, "Measure twice, cut once." I also learned while burning through several sheets of mat board that cutting out a pattern on graph paper first and checking how this fits your picture before you cut the mat can be very helpful. I am glad I took the workshop last weekend because that was a huge help in getting me started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics