Saturday, April 25, 2009

Early 35mm work by Diane Arbus. I found this picture in a Time/Life publication 'Photography Year 1973' that I bought on e-bay a few years ago because it contained a small section on her work. I have never seen this picture in any other collection not even the massive publication 'Revelations' which came out in conjunction with a national traveling retrospective of her work a few years ago and contained a lot of the work she did in the 1940's, 50's, and 60's before she adopted the square 120 format.

I have always found her work and her personae fascinating. For me she is one of the most interesting people of the 20th century. Here is a link to an essay written in 2000 looking back on the "New Documents" exhibit at MOMA in 1967.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics