Monday, August 30, 2010

The Dispossessed.  I read this book earlier this year and blogged about it and the works of Ursula Leguin.  The first time I tried to read The Dispossessed I recall not liking it and never finished it though at the time I remember thinking that it was a really good book that I needed to read someday when I was ready for it.  That is kind of the way the works of Ursula Leguin work.  Here though is a really excellent review from the excellent web site Io9.  A critical review that is more about critical thinking than criticizing the work even though he does some of that.  He writes a review about a good book that he didn't like but he doesn't dismiss it as a bad book instead explaining why he didn't like it but someone else might.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics