Sunday, September 23, 2012

Mamiya RB67 Pro-S
  I got my Mamiya last week and tried it out yesterday shooting a roll of color film and a roll of black and white.  I just finished developing the black and white and it looks very good.  Hopefully I can do a contact sheet later today.  The cameras only issue is that the light seals need replacing.  The camera looked like it had not been used in a while it was a tad dusty and the seals on the inside had turned to goo.  The camera though functioned well and the negatives from the first roll of film look really beautiful so I think it is going to work out.  I had been reading how many of the cameras have to have the seals reaplaced in the film backs as well as in the camera itself.  It has a rotating back like a 4x5 camera so you can shoot in either a horizontal or vertical format without having to realign the camera itself.  The Film backs are very easy to switch and load much easier than the Koni-Omega 6x7 200 camera I bought about 7 years ago which I plan to sell now and invest in some additional lenses for this one. I think I'm really going to like this camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics