Saturday, September 14, 2013


 

Camping Out in Poortland, Oregon.

 
A year ago I wrote about my wonderful experience being questioned by Portland's Finest.  I've kind of kept away from the Ira Keller Fountain since then not just because it's a boring and ugly eye sore but because I like living in a country where the police don't pop out of nowhere demanding to see "your papers".  If I wanted that I'd move to North Korea.

Recently though I braved a visit with a camera because I read it's been attracting Portland's homeless population.

I spent about 5 minutes there once and within minutes brought down two Portland Police Officers but a bunch of homeless people camping out for days doesn't get them to drop their doughnuts no way. 
 
 
 

  The Ira Keller who had a fountain named for him wasn't very popular among the Jewish business people of Portland whose neighborhood was declared a slum and torn down by him to make a nice homeless camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics