Sunday, June 23, 2013

 
 
 
I was looking for a small filter for a 10 gallon Aquarium I use as a Quarantine
tank for new fish.  Originally I set it up with a internal sponge filter with an air pump which I didn't think was doing a very good job.  I was about to buy an external hang on filter but then I saw this and though a tad more expensive, as all canister filters are, I really like it.  I had some issues in setting it up and I ended up breaking a small internal part (that I have ordered a replacement) but other than that once I got it going I was really impressed with it.  I had wondered about canister filters for small aquariums and this is perfect.  It is made by Zoo Med and called a Turtle Clean Nano Aquarium filter and it was separate from the other filters in my LFS so I missed it at first.  It is small but extremely quiet, no gurgling or humming from air pumps.  It also has flow control for both the intake and outtake tubes.  I found this light unit on e-bay a month ago for an Aquarium and a few of my orchids and though it is great for the plants it was way too bright for the Aquarium.  The tank went totally green (as in Algae) and I cleaned it out, soaked the plants in tap water with a couple extra drops of bleach, got rid of the Sponge Filter and covered the top of the Aquarium with green shade cloth that I have used outside over my house plants when I move them outside for the Summer.  I am hoping this will do a little bit better job of keeping the water clean.  I keep the Aquarium bare of substrate and put the plants in pots with Amazonia Aqua Soil.  They don't get co-2 so they don't grow as fast but maybe if I can keep the Algae down I can get them doing better.  I need a place to move plants I am taking out of my CO2 infused Aquarium because the Aquarium quickly became a jungle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics