Friday, December 28, 2007


I decided not to submit any work to the Newspace show for "The Altered Landscape". Today was the deadline. It really is true that your creations become like children to you and the way others embrace or reject them will be taken very personally. This personal connection to your works can be a liability but I don't think I would want it any other way. Art should be highly personal and connected to the person who creates it as if it was made up of their spiritual or aesthetic DNA. Being a parent of flesh and blood children has shown me how ones children become extensions of your own awareness. Their pain is literally your pain. You are committed to their protection. I feel I have to create a larger brood that can defend itself. The few hundred pictures I have made over the last 3 1/2 years are still young and not ready to venture out on their own. I intend to keep them close by under wing so to speak until they have grown teeth and claws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics