Sunday, February 17, 2008


Siamese Fighting Fish. I did some printing yesterday working with some old negatives that I found from 1969-70 and I used some of my last sheets of warmtone ilford paper. This image surprised me because it had a surreal quality to it that I couldn't have intended at the time I took the picture. I was just trying to take a picture of one of my favorite fish. I have quite a few pictures like this done with a twin lens yashica camera ( that can be seen reflected in the mirror). When a photographer releases the shutter a moment of time is preserved on a sheet of film that as long as that piece of film exists creates a "closed time loop" between that moment to the ever expanding spiral of time into the future that will be the perspective from which the picture will be viewed. The photograph is like an anchor set in a point of time from which we continue to drift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics