Sunday, May 11, 2008








Disporum sessile 'Variegata'


I found this plant last month at a Leach Botanical Garden plant sale and thought the pale green & cream colors of the flowers and leaves might make a good subject for one of my black and white botanical prints. I worked on it most of yesterday printing it on cold toned and warm toned papers. I couldn't make a print though that pleased me with the cold toned paper. Perhaps I should switch from a matte to glossy and see if that helps. The warm toned prints always look better to me but I want to make use of that deep dark black and silvery grays that I see on a really well made cold toned print that I can't figure out yet how to reach. I was right about the subject though I loved the way those varigated leaves look photographed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics