Friday, May 22, 2009





























Trying out the new lights. My camera choice was my Nikkormat FTN, attached to a PB-4 bellows with a 105 f4 nikkor bellows lens. I worked with some very slow Agfa 25 black and white film for pictures of this amazing Poppy I found at Portland Nursery today. I have grown this varietal form before, Champagne Bubbles, but have never seen one with flowers this large. Lots of buds so I should be able to get plenty more pictures in the near future. I worked with a white background from an old projection screen without any back lighting trying to take advantage of the shadows. Over the weekend I'll work on some color using strobe lights and more black and white with various backgrounds and strobe lighting. This new spot light should be fine for black and white work but not color film. I shot the color pictures with an inexpensive digital camera. I think there is an in camera control on the digital camera to balance the image for incandescent lighting but I wasn't really trying to photograph with the digital camera so I didn't try to figure it out.


This is the first time in a long time I worked with continuous lighting rather then strobes. It was a bit easier because I was able to use the camera light meter. Also the lights were not connected to the camera through the sync cord which made them easier to move around. I kept worrying though about the bulb on the spot burning out and I still can't find just the right replacement bulb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Web Statistics