Sunday, June 21, 2009


I found this on e-bay. A Mamiya Sekor Super Deluxe. In beautiful shape on the outside but on the inside the shutter is stuck and I don't believe the light meter works and the door seals need replacing. Does look nice though. I may consider having this one fixed by a pro instead of screwing it up myself. It's worth it to me because there are not very many of them still around. It's a great camera really bright viewfinder that is the easiest to focus of any rangefinder I have worked with. Very solid and heavy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Amanda Hallas said...

i have the exact same camera with the same problem within the lense.
do you know what year this camera is though? i know it's a 1970s, just not the exact year.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This was one of the first cameras I learned on in 1968 when I was 15Probably were made in the late 60s probably after 1965. I bought a couple of them out of nostalgia but neither of them worked. Not an easy camera to find still functioning probably because they weren't made very well and probably not worth the money to get repaired. Still I think it's a real cute camera from that time period.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics