Friday, October 07, 2011

My first outing with my kinda new high tech digital camera was to take pictures of the "Occupy Portland" event yesterday.  It was dark and gloomy out and I probably would have been a little more successful using tri-x pan with my Mamiya twin lens camera.  One feature I like about this Canon model is the very flexible viewing screen that pulls out and rotates so one can hold the camera at waist level and compose looking downwards a passive approach that makes candid photographs of people easier. 
 I usually feel uncomfortable pointing cameras at people and with focus and aperture settings I can take a loonnnnnggggg time and not be very surreptitious about it.  Though I am still getting accustomned to the controls I can work a little faster with this camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics