Tuesday, September 25, 2012


I was testing out my RB67 in Lone Fir Cemetery last Saturday.  It had been perhaps 2 years since I'd visited the cemetery and I was pleased to discover that a favorite feature had been restored.  The statue of Ada above her grave in Lone Fir had stood there for close to 100 years since her death at the age of 5 in 1885.  I saw it many times but only  photographed it once on a visit in 1982.  Shortly after that the statue was stolen, snapped off at the feet and for years that was all that remained of Ada.  I am still not sure if this is a replica or the original was found and restored.  I am glad though to see her restored and intend to take advantage of her return to photograph her now as I had wished for many years since her disappearance.  Welcome back dear one you have been missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics