Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dermogenys species.
Water Lettuce Flower


The Aquarium is doing well at 8 months.  I lose a few fish every month, not sure why.  I may have too many fish in the Aquarium and just need to stop introducing new specimens and see if that reduces the mortality rate.    I've tested the tap water for the area and it contains traces of ammonia so I switched to changing between 3-5 gallons of water each week using mostly distilled water. I test the water once a week and I never notice nitrites or nitrates in the water just small traces of ammonia. Once a week I remove by hand these masses of algae that form at the surface and thin out the water lettuce and trim some of the larger leaves on the Sword Plants and Nymphaea to let more light in.    The Assassin snails have not made much of a dent in the pond snail population.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics