Sunday, December 17, 2006

Some of my tree decorations.
Back in the 80's I found this unusual card hanging in a vacant lot in the Lair Hill neighborhood attached to a tall weed. I have no idea who made it or what it means but I took it home with me and have used it every Christmas as a decoration on my tree. It is a similar idea to a Weathergram, an idea I believe was introduced by Lloyd Reynolds who taught calligraphy at Reed College. A Weathergram is a piece of calligraphy done on durable paper usually with india ink that will not wash away and is hung from a tree and allowed to weather, fading and degrading over time. The one illustrated here was done by a friend of mine who had been a student of Reynolds at Reed back in the 70's. I also hang this on my tree at Christmas.


 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics