Sunday, September 02, 2007




Yesterday in Lone Fir Cemetery. I had about a dozen exposures left on a roll of film and decided to expose them while taking a morning walk in Lone Fir. When I got home to develop the darkroom and chemicals were warmer then usual, 73 degrees, so I went with a greater dilution and a longer development time made shorter by the warmer chemistry. I developed the Agfa in 50:1 dilution for 13 minutes rather then 25:1 for 6 minutes (I think the more time you put in to anything the greater the results). I printed using a coldtone paper and a very low contrast filter and came up with very rich blacks. I was real pleased with the results. My moonset over Lone Fir was a nod to Adams 'Moonrise, Hernandez ' which I saw at the museum last week. I really like the image of the faces on the graves some in shadow and some in sun. I tried to find as many faces on graves grouped together as I could.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

you take wonderful pictures.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you very much for the comments I really appreciate the feedback.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics