Friday, December 28, 2007



I went to the Museum today on my lunch hour. I was disappointed that the photograph collection still contained about 95% of the same photographs that were on display in September. Since my membership began in August I have seen them change the pictures on display just once. The collection contains 5000 prints and each year more are added. The new Gilkey center devoted to the graphic arts has a space devoted to displaying the collection. So one would expect someone to get off their lazy ass once a month and perhaps rotate the images. I spent about 10 minutes looking for anything I hadn't seen before and then went to check out the Museums newest acquisition this work by Van Gogh, The Ox-Cart, 1884. It's a small miracle to get close enough to such a piece and see the way the paint is laid out on the canvas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics