Friday, April 18, 2008

http://www.chambersgallery.org/exhibitions08/newas.html

I noticed that another show at a downtown gallery will be an exhibit of 19th century style photography. Called "The New Antiquarians". It just opened this week at the Chambers Gallery which I believe now occupies the space where once was one of my favorite old restaurants from the 80's the name of which has now slipped my mind. I managed to go down and check out this installation on my lunch hour today and found it quite interesting. The collection of photographs many done using antiquarian techniques all have an antiquarian aesthetic. The pictures had a primitive quality to them in subject matter as well as in form; landscapes, portraits, nudes rendered in monochromatic and processes where the imperfections are part of their charm. I also remembered the name of the restaurant that I think once inhabited that space, Crepe Faire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics