Thursday, July 17, 2008










Today on my lunch hour I went across the bridge to check out the juried exhibit at Newspace. The Newspace annual juried exhibit was the first show I ever submitted work to and was the first time my work was officially rejected so it holds a special place in my heart. I didn't submit anything to the show this year and I certainly enjoyed the show more because I didn't bring to it the jaundiced eye of the rejected. The reviews that have been done of juried shows seem to always have a luke warm reaction from art critics though I am not real sure why that is. I am sure it is easier to write ones impressions of a single artist and his "current series" of work but I prefer the juried show I like the juxtaposition of work done in a variety of processes, styles and sizes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics