Sunday, August 31, 2008




This is the first set of prints I made with the intention of cutting mats for them. I printed the images on 8x10 fiber paper using the entire sheet and will put it in a 11x14 mat. I used agfa 25 film with the camera on a steady tripod so the 35mm negative enlarges pretty nice very sharp and with modest grain. I normally print 5x7 images on 8x10 paper and then dry mount and frame the picture allowing for the wide border to give the illusion of an over mat. It's not that easy though in my darkroom to work with 11x14 paper since the trays take up more space. Now that I have a mat cutter I can create full size 8x10 prints and mat them in 11x14 mats to give the pictures a little more size. When I feel like working with 11x14 paper I can make 11x14 images with my larger format cameras and then mat them in 16x20 and 20x24 mats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics