Saturday, June 19, 2010


My brother and I took a trip this week down to Garibaldi where our parents had a beach house.  He wanted to drive in to the moorage in Garibaldi.  When our parents first bought their place the moorage was very busy with charter and sports fishing.  Garibaldi expanded the moorage and my father became good friends with a couple who opened up the Old Mill Restaurant right on the dock. He would go there every morning for coffee and chat with the locals.  It closed down years ago and the whole place has fallen in to decay.  I love decay as a subject and I shot a few pictures down around the old rotting buildings.  It was a perfect day with big clouds.  I would have never gone down there had I not been with my brother and the place was deserted and amazing.  I just developed the film yesterday and made some of my first prints this morning and the results were great.  The pictures made me think of H.P. Lovecrafts tale 'The Shadow over Innesmouth.'  This particular picture was my favorite.  As soon as I focused my camera on it I knew it would be great, I snapped one shot and then the tide started coming in and ruined the subject.  The one shot I did get was great though.  I love it.  It's so disgusting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics