Tuesday, July 06, 2010



Downtown maybe 2007 or 2008. 

I've always kind of liked this black building it seems so Orwellian.  I even took a picture of in in 1972 when it was under construction.  I took this photograph from the top floor of the parking garage across from the Civic Auditorium.  In order to bring the sky out I had to make a mask to cover up the building but I made it too large, always trace within the lines (not on the line) of what you are masking.  I also guessed that the sky would take about 3 times as much exposure as the forground but the buildings around the dark reflective building are much more reflective.  Probably if I were to do this again I'd make another mask for the trees in the bottom third of the picture and maybe even one mask for the dark building and another mask for the more reflective buildings.  I don't know though if the picture is worth that much work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kristin said...

I like it -- it looks like it has an aura.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks. You're right it does look like that.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics