Sunday, November 13, 2011


Portland has apparently pulled off ending the Occupation of the parks not with a bang or a whimper.  The Police, News crews, hundreds of witnesses, "a bike swarm" all came together and just kind of stood around waiting to see what happened.  About an hour after the official closure of the park someone threw something at the police and was promptly arrested and that was the extent of the police action.  This morning the Park is still open but the occupation is over I think.  Police are just cleaning up the mess that wasn't cleared out the day before. It was an interesting 37 or so days.  I'll take a few pictures on my lunch break tomorrow and then start developing the last two rolls of the five rolls of film I shot.  Along with around 300 digital images I covered the event from it's inception to the aftermath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics