Sunday, July 25, 2010


Developed a roll of recently finished film.

Tri-X pan developed in HC-110 developer.  I had never used this before and was very satisfied with the results.  It's a concentrate that pours like syrup so mixing is critical.  I followed directions of 6 1/2 minutes at 69 degrees.  I use a water bath rather than stop bath, allowing the film to sit in the water for about a minute before changing the water.  I do this 3 times than fix.  I use a perma-wash to reduce rinse times, soak in photo flo than hang to dry.  I do not use a squeegee to take away excess water because I think this risks scratching the film.  I allow the wetting agent and gravity and evaporation to remove all water from the film and for it to dry.  Any water spots on the negatives I will clean away with a Q-Tip and some negative cleaner if there is a problem..

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorita OLeary said...

Nice photos. I like all of them but especially the one of the building and the one in the barber shop. Did you take that through the window? It's great photojournalism.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The shot in the barber shop is of my Mom getting her hair cut by my barber Ken who runs the business with his twin brother who can be seen on the right. I love the way the mirrors allow multiple images from different angles of the same subject to appear in one image together. You can even see me reflected in a mirror in the far back. I like to use reflective surfaces and shadows contribute to the total composition by including objects outside of the lenses view.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics