Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Here are a couple new pictures taken in November for my "Oak Grove Gothic" an ongoing project I have been working on since 2006.  The top picture was taken along the "Trolley Trail" at the Evergreen stop along the old rail bed left over from the historic Inter Urban Trolley line that connected Oregon City to Portland.  The bottom picture is of course the decaying Bomber which once stood over the  famous Gas Station along Super Highway 99.  Here is a really well made web site showing old pictures taken along the interurban line. 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

really neat!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Lorita OLeary said...

I like your picture of The Bomber. It looks like its smoking with that cloud hanging over it. I went there the other day and its sad what has become of it.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looking at the Bomber sure makes me wish I'd appreciated it more back in it's day when I first started using a camera. We just don't appreciate the familiar.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics