Sunday, September 30, 2012


About to go back in the darkroom.  Spent several hours yesterday working with a negative from the roll of Agfa 100 I shot through the Mamiya RB67 Pro-S last weekend.  I checked my stock of 120 film and I am a little low.  I have quite a mixed bag of 120 film, Ilford, Konica, Kodak, Agfa including quite a lot of infrared film.  I like Agfa the best and I still have a lot of 35mm including a 100ft roll of Agfa 100 that I have yet to access.  Yesterday at Eds I bought some film cannisters and I have a bulk film loader but it has been so long since I've used one I've kind of forgot how they work.  I am consulting this which is pretty helpful when you have to mix developers.  I have a lot of Rodinal and I thought I read somewhere that it is identical to D-76.  It appears that Agfa film even outdated stock is getting harder to find.  I still have may a half-dozen rolls of Agfa 25 120 and maybe 3 rolls of Agfa 100 left.  A company bought the name rights to Agfa/Rollei and they are selling film again including Pan 25.  I still think they make Tri-X Pan but I've been kind of dissappointed in the results.  I may just have to learn to work with it if I want to use the 120 format. Oh well back to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Statistics